Hello, I'm Sebastian Wiesner, software developer by occupation and by passion.
I write Scala for a living, and a couple of other languages for fun and a better world—mostly Haskell and Rust. I use to write Python for almost a decade, and created Windows GUI applications with WPF and C#. I’ve also done a bit of OCaml, and occasionally work on iOS Apps with Swift.
In this blog, I mostly write about Emacs, but occasionally also about other topics, which are of course related to technology and programming.
PostsOccasionally I write about Emacs, Haskell, Scala and other stuff that interests me. Below are my latest posts. You can find the complete list in the Archive.
- September 9, 2015 Sep 09, 15 Quoting emacs-devel
- August 16, 2015 Aug 16, 15 Emojis in Emacs
- April 29, 2015 Apr 29, 15 Configuring buffer display in Emacs
- January 20, 2015 Jan 20, 15 Why package.el?
- January 6, 2015 Jan 06, 15 My Emacs Configuration with use-package
- December 23, 2014 Dec 23, 14 My Christmas present for fellow Emacs users: Flycheck 0.22
- December 23, 2014 Dec 23, 14 TIL about Bug Reference Mode
- December 3, 2014 Dec 03, 14 Generic syntax checkers in Flycheck
- October 26, 2014 Oct 26, 14 Flycheck 0.21 released
- September 14, 2014 Sep 14, 14 Emacs StackExchange proposal