Hello, I'm Sebastian Wiesner, software developer by occupation and by passion.
I write Scala for a living and a couple of other languages for fun and a better world—mostly Haskell and Rust. I used to write Python for almost a decade, and created Windows GUI applications with WPF and C#. I’ve also done a bit of OCaml, and occasionally work on iOS Apps with Swift.
In this blog, I mostly write about Emacs, but occasionally also about other topics which are of course related to technology and programming. You can find my open source work on Github, read my answers on Stack Overflow and follow me on Twitter.
PostsOccasionally I write about Emacs, Haskell, Scala and other stuff that interests me. Below are my latest posts. You can find the complete list in the Archive.
- September 9, 2015 Sep 09, 15 Quoting emacs-devel
- August 16, 2015 Aug 16, 15 Emojis in Emacs
- April 29, 2015 Apr 29, 15 Configuring buffer display in Emacs
- January 20, 2015 Jan 20, 15 Why package.el?
- January 6, 2015 Jan 06, 15 My Emacs Configuration with use-package
- December 23, 2014 Dec 23, 14 My Christmas present for fellow Emacs users: Flycheck 0.22
- December 23, 2014 Dec 23, 14 TIL about Bug Reference Mode
- December 3, 2014 Dec 03, 14 Generic syntax checkers in Flycheck
- October 26, 2014 Oct 26, 14 Flycheck 0.21 released
- September 14, 2014 Sep 14, 14 Emacs StackExchange proposal