A personal blog about Emacs and functional programming.
Hello, I’m Sebastian Wiesner, software developer by occupation and passion.
These days my passion is Scala, and I’m incredibly happy that I can use Scala professionally and make a living from my passion. It’s a great time to live as a Scala programmer.
Before the beauty and elegance of functional programming was revealed to me, I was writing Python for almost a decade and made Windows applications with C# and WPF—which I still believe to be the best GUI framework in the world. Nowadays my language of choice—besides Scala—is Haskell, but I’ve also done a bit of OCaml, and occasionally take a curious look at Rust.
My GPG key has the ID
5C42FE98 and the fingerprint
5C72 C0D3 CC58 04FF 522E
4815 C4EC 41E3 5C42 FE98. You can get it from GPG keyservers or
download it. I use this key to sign my
commits on Github.
I write infrequently, mostly about Emacs and functional programming. These are my latest posts (Atom feed):
- April 28, 2016 Apr 28, 16 Show Magit Status window in fullscreen
- January 26, 2016 Jan 26, 16 Not Spacemacs!
- December 23, 2015 Dec 23, 15 Emacs Spotlight: Typographic Editing Modes
- November 29, 2015 Nov 29, 15 Reproduce bugs in emacs -Q
- August 16, 2015 Aug 16, 15 Emacs Spotlight: Emojis in Emacs
- April 29, 2015 Apr 29, 15 Emacs Spotlight: Configure buffer display
- January 20, 2015 Jan 20, 15 Why package.el?
- January 6, 2015 Jan 06, 15 My Emacs Configuration with use-package
- December 23, 2014 Dec 23, 14 My Christmas present for fellow Emacs users: Flycheck 0.22
- December 23, 2014 Dec 23, 14 Emacs Spotlight: Bug Reference Mode